Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Today my parents are celebrating their 37th Wedding Anniversary!

37 years!!!!

I talked to my dad today...to tell him "Thank you for getting married and having me!" :)
He told me that the day he and my mom were married in the Los Angeles Temple was a busy day! He said that over 100 couples were married in that Temple that day and that they were there from 6 a.m. until after noon! He said to me, "I wonder how many of those couples are still married. Or who has died or something like that." It would be interesting to know.

I talked to my mom too. She was getting ready to go on a date with my dad. Out to dinner and than probably to do some Christmas shopping...which is sort of a tradition for them. She told me that she can't even remember what it was like to be a 19 year old girl (that's how old she was when she got married)...or to be a girl living at home with her parents and siblings. It seems so long ago.

My parents have definitely had their share of struggles over these past 37 years...there's been lots of good times too...and they are happy people who are happy to be together forever.

Love ya mom and daddy-o!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder the same thing as your dad. All I know is your parents are a great example of staying strong and the joy that a temple marriage can bring. Wow...37 years is no joke! Your parents are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

let us know you've been here!